- photo gallery
- - detailed information - registration - payments - accomodation - grants
- - abstracts - topics - schedule - detailed programme - keynote speakers
- - sponsors invitation - sponsors
- social programme
- post-symposium tours
- tourist information
The participants, our guests and accompanying persons are encouraged to take part in the following social events during the Symposium. More details will be given before Symposium.
WELCOME PARTY 3rd of Sept
Included in the FULL and BASIC payment
After the first hard-working day of the Symposium the official opening ceremony at the Jagiellonian University is planned. Firstly, in the main building of the University, named Collegium Novum, the meeting with the university and municipality authorities, and other guests will take place. There will be the opportunity to listen to the history of our Alma Mater, one of the oldest universities in Europe. After the opening ceremony, the welcome party is expected at Collegium Maius close to Collegium Novum. During the party, the participants will have possibility to visit the Jagiellonian University Museum, home to ancient university collections, including the collection of the old scientific instruments.
OPTIONAL TOURS 4th of Sept
Included in the FULL payment
On Tuesday afternoon the optional excursions around the city will be arranged. The participants will be asked to choose one of the options and mark it in the registration form.
I. Royal Castle Wawel Hill
Visiting the Royal Castle on the Wawel Hill will be the wonderful occasion to meet the evidences of the first settlement dated back to the 11th century and stories about a brave king the Krak, the dragon of the Wawel castle among others. The participants could see the permanent exhibition in the Royal Apartments, Wawel Cathedral, the most famous Sigismund Bell. After the Castle tour dinner in one of the small, interesting restaurants at the bottom of the Wawel Hill is planned.
- 2.30-3.00: Transport to the Wawel Castle;
- 3.00-5.00: Guided visit around the permanent exhibition in the Royal Apartments, Wawel Cathedral and the most famous Sigismund Bell;
- 5.00-6.00: Walking tour around the castle courtyard, descent to the Dragon’s Cave and the meeting with a statue of the dragon spouting fire;
- About 6.30: dinner at the Royal Hotel Restaurant.
II. Main Market Square - cancelled
The Main Market Square is the heart of the city. Here the hourly bugle-call is sounded and broadcast from the tower of St Mary’s Church. In frame of the excursion we propose to visit the oldest church in the city, St Adalbert’ Church, St Mary’s Church and the Underground Museum with the medieval exposition. In the evening the dinner at the Jarema borderland restaurant will be provided.
- 3.00: walking to the Main Market Square;
- 3.45-5.15: Guided visit at the Underground Museum;
- 5.30-6.30: Visit at the St Mary's Church and St Adalbert' Church at the Main Market Square;
- 7.00: Dinner at the Jarema Restaurant.
III. Jewish Heritage Route
The Jewish district Kazimierz is worth visiting because of the renovated places associated with the history of the Jewish community in Krakow. The tourist guides will show you the synagogues, Jewish cemetery and other places indicated the Jewish activity now and at the then time. The participants will have also an opportunity to spend a nice time in one of the stylish, Jewish restaurants.
- 3.00-3.30: Transport to the Kazimierz district;
- 3.30-5.30: Walking tour through the Jewish District Kazimierz with a guide, visiting synagogues, Jewish cemetery;
- 6.00: Dinner at one of the famous Kazimierz restaurants.
GALA DINNER 6th of Sept
Included in the FULL and BASIC payment
The highlight of the social programme seems to be a visit in the Wieliczka Salt Mine. The Wieliczka Salt Mine has the status of a historic monument as the oldest mining (excavation) shaft, discovered in the mid-13th century. Now the original excavations are available for visitors as an archaeological mining reserve, inscribed in 1978 in UNESCO's World List of Cultural and Natural Heritage. The guided tourist tour will be arranged with the short stop in the souvenir shop. Then the Gala Dinner in Warszawa chamber (122,5 m under the ground level) will take place. Delicious Polish cousin, specific, amazing atmosphere and different nice surprises will be waiting for our guests.
The photos by: Bukowska Aleksandra, Myszkowski Konrad, Piotrowicz Katarzyna, Wieliczka Marketing Office.